Welcome, If you had a casino account with MansionCasino.com, please click here for more information or to log in.
With only three main betting options, Baccarat is one of the easiest online casino games to learn. Once you place the bet, the cards on the table will determine whether additional cards will be dealt or the round will finish. You can also make side bets to increase the amount of money you can win on each hand, and these will be discussed later in this guide to Online Baccarat.
When it comes to playing Baccarat at an online casino, there is no better place for UK players than our recommended online casinos. Thanks, in large part to a large selection of commission and non-commission games, progressive jackpots, plus several Live Baccarat rooms.
Play Baccarat for real money on your computer or from anywhere in the UK on your Android or iOS mobile devices. If you've never played Baccarat before, read through this detailed guide and learn the rules, betting strategies, and other important information that can help you be successful as you begin to play.
Rules: How to Play Baccarat Online
What makes Baccarat unique is that you aren't playing against the dealer or other players. Instead, you're playing against your bet. What this means is that you can bet on either your hand or the dealer's hand. It doesn't matter who has the better hand, as long it's the one you bet on.
The winning hand in Baccarat is the one that is the closest to 9 points. With that in mind, there are three bets a player can make:
- The player will have the closest to 9 points
- The banker will have the closest to 9 points
- The tie between the player and banker
The card values in Baccarat are different than most other card games.
- Cards 2 – 9 are worth their face value
- Ace is worth 1 point
- 10, J, Q, and K are worth 0 points
There is no "busting" in Baccarat. If the cards on the table add up to more than 9 points, they restart at 0. This means that if one of the hands has a 7 and 4, instead of 11 points, the hand is worth 1 point. Similarly, A pair of 5s isn't worth 10 points, but 0 points.
Everything begins with the bet at the start of the game. Decide how many chips you want to bet, and place it on the Player, Banker, or Tie. You can also choose to wager on some side bets, known as Big or Small, and whether the banker or player will be dealt a pair of cards.
When the bets have been placed, click on the deal button, and the action will begin.
Each hand is dealt two cards face up. The number of points in each hand will determine which hand, if any, will receive a third card.
- If either hand has 8 or 9 points, it's known as a "Natural," and neither hand receives a third card. This is known as a Small hand
- If the banker has 7 points, it doesn't receive a third card
- If the player has 6 or 7 points, it doesn't receive a third card
- If the player has 0 – 5 points, it will be dealt a third card, provided the banker doesn't have a Natural
- If the player has 6 or 7 points and the banker has 0 - 5 points, it will receive a third card
The banker's rules are as follows:
- If it has 0 -3 points, it will receive a third card unless the player has a Natural
- If the banker has 4 points, it receives a third card unless the player has 0, 1, 8, or 9 points
- If the banker has 5 points, it only receives a third card when the player has 4, 5, 6, or 7 points
- If the banker has 6 points, it receives a third card if the player has 6 or 7 points
- If the banker has 7 points, it stands regardless of how many points the player has in their hand
Online Baccarat Side Bet Options
You can add to the excitement of each hand by placing a side bet. These give you an extra opportunity to win real money, regardless of the outcome of the hand.
Our recommended online casinos often allow players to make the following side bets:
- Player Pair: The player's first two cards will be a matching pair. The payouts differ if they are just the same number, same number, colour, or matching suits.
- Banker Pair: The banker's first two cards will be a matching pair. The payouts differ if they are just the same number, same number, colour, or matching suits.
- Big: This is a bet that neither hand will have a Natural. This bet pays out if there are 5 or 6 cards dealt.
- Small: This bet pays out if either hand has a natural, and therefore only four cards are dealt in total.
You can track previous hands to see how often a Natural has occurred and if Big or Small hands have been trending. The table also shows the history of who has won the previous hands, the Player, Banker, or a Tie.
Online Baccarat Odds and Payouts
With odds hovering around 45%, both the Player and Banker bets pay out a 1:1 ratio, with a small caveat. With most Baccarat games, the house takes a 0.5% commission on all banker bets since it has slightly higher odds.
This means that if you make a £5 player bet and win, you'll win £5. However, the same £5 bet on the banker will yield a £4.75 win. The only way around this is to play at a Non-Commission table.
The bet with the lowest odds is the Tie, which only happens around 9.5% of the time. It has a payout ratio of 8:1, which means that your £5 bet will payout £40 should you win.
The side bets have lower odds and much larger payouts.
- Player or Banker Pair: 11:1
- Perfect Pair: 25:1
- Big: 0.54:1
- Small: 2:1
You can find more information in the Help and Support section below.
Top 3 Baccarat Strategies
While there is no in-game strategy since all moves are dependent on the number of points in each hand, there are betting strategies that can help guide you.
- Banker is the safest bet: Based on the odds of winning, the banker bet is the best play. It features a 1.06% house edge, as opposed to the 1.36% edge that the player hand has. You can play at a Non-Commission Baccarat table and save yourself the commission fee when making this bet.
- Avoid betting on the Tie: Don't be drawn in by the 8:1 payout of the Tie bet. The odds are against you, and the house edge is an inflated 14.4%, which means that you'll be at a disadvantage each time you place the bet.
- Always manage your money in a controlled way: This means that you're not chasing any losses, and you're using your casino’s safer gambling tools if needed, such as setting wager limits, time limits, or any of the other many limit options available. Also, be careful of anyone claiming to have a foolproof Baccarat betting strategy, as it's still a game of chance, and it's impossible to lower the house edge any further. Just like Roulette, anyone claiming that these games offer 50/50 odds is lying, as both games are not offering 50% chances to win each round.
Baccarat Bonuses and Promotions
Join one of our recommended online casinos today, make a deposit, and you'll instantly be rewarded with an attractive Welcome Bonus. This is typically a combination of bonus money and sins that can be used at various slot games.
There are also table game-specific bonuses that can be claimed throughout the year that are perfect for Baccarat players. As the bonus offers are often changing, make sure to visit the promotions page to see all the latest bonuses and promotions.
Help and Support
Baccarat is a fast-paced game, and if you're not sure of the rules or why a hand is or is not receiving cards, it can be pretty frustrating. Thankfully, there are several ways to get answers to all your questions so you can have an enjoyable experience playing Online Baccarat at our recommended casino sites.
- In-Game Help Menu: Included in every Baccarat game is a detailed help menu that can answer any question you have about the game. From game flow to betting odds and terminology, all you have to do is open the Help menu, and you'll find answers to all your game-related queries. You'll also find your betting history, odds of winning, minimum and maximum betting limits, and more.
- Customer Support: If you have technical questions, issues using bonus money, or trouble with your account, you can contact your casino’s customer support team. They can be reached via live chat, email, opening a ticket through the contact form, or telephone.
How do you win in Baccarat?
Place a bet on either the Banker or Player, and whichever hand is closer to 9 points is the winner. If you bet on a Tie, you'll need both hands to show the same number of points to win that bet.
What's the best strategy for Baccarat?
The banker bet gives you the best odds, with a low house edge of just 1.06%. You can combine that with the Small side bet, which has the best odds of the side bets for an increased chance of winning the majority of your hands.
Has anyone won Baccarat?
There are thousands of people worldwide winning real money every day while playing Online Baccarat online casino sites.
Can I play on my mobile?
Of course! All of the Baccarat games and most games in the online casino game library are optimized to work with Android and iOS devices.
Play Baccarat Online for Real Money Today
You've found the perfect online casino for playing Online Baccarat. All that's left for you to do is register your account, choose a convenient payment method so you can make a deposit, and start playing for real money.
You'll find everything you need at our recommended casinos. A collection of Baccarat games, including Live Baccarat, other table games such as Blackjack, Roulette, and Craps, and hundreds of online slot games. Start playing and claim your exclusive Welcome Bonus today!
- Online Casino UK
- Online Baccarat