The Complete Guide to Play Online Roulette in the UK
Perhaps the oldest casino game in recorded history, Roulette has certainly gone over some changes in the past few hundred years. This is especially true over the past several years as online Roulette has made the game accessible to anyone with an internet connection and allowed for modifications to the classic casino game.
Throughout this guide, we’ll give you tips, betting strategies, and explain the rules of different online Roulette variants. We’ll also show you how the game of Roulette works and explain why MansionCasino UK is easily the best online casino to play Roulette.
What Makes Mansion Roulette So Popular in the UK?
MansionCasino UK provides and safe and enjoyable environment for our UK punters. But it’s more than just high-quality games and unbeatable bonuses, MansionCasino UK has recently been recognized as both the Best Casino Operator at the International Gaming Awards (IGA) and the Most Responsible Online Gambling Operator at the CFI awards.
Mansion is also a proud official partner of AFC Bournemouth, one of the top teams in the English Premier League.
Rules: How to Play Roulette?
Online Roulette is an easy game to learn, and a lot of fun to play once you get the hang of it. The game flow is very straightforward:
- Place bet
- Click on the “Spin” button
- Watch as the Roulette balls spin around the wheel
- The ball lands in one of the numbered pockets, and if you bet on that pocket, you win
- You can rebet, double your previous bet, or place a new bet.
That is a simplified look at Roulette, now let’s get into a bit more details.
At first glance, the betting board layout can seem intimidating. The board is broken up into two parts, and one section is three rows of red and black numbers, these are what’s known as the inside bets. There are seven inside bet options, including betting on specific numbers or numbers that are grouped together on the table.
The Outside Bets are more logical groups of numbers such as Red/Black, Odd/Even, 1-18 or 19-36, or breaking the numbers into thirds.
Once you’ve made your bet or bets, it’s time to take a look at the Roulette wheel. There are two main styles; the European Roulette wheel has 36 red and black numbers and single green “0” while the American Roulette wheel also has 36 red and black numbers, it has two green “0” pockets.
There are some variants, such as a Mini Roulette, which only has 16 red and black numbers or Diamond Roulette, which has extra diamond pockets that will have different betting options. Even with those games, the same betting principles apply.
If you’re ever in a situation where something isn’t clear, or you’re playing an online Roulette variant with special side bets, you can always find the answers you need by clicking on the in-game help menu. It can be opened by first clicking on the “Hamburger” button and then click on the Help option. This will open a window with a complete list of rules, betting options, odds, betting history, and more. For more information, continue down to the “Help” section of this page.
Odds and Payouts
The odds of winning depend on a particular bet. For example, betting on Red or Black gives you just under a 50% chance of winning, and the payout odds reflect that with a 1:1 payout. In other words, if you make a £1 bet on black and the ball lands in a black pocket, you will win £1. On the other hand, if you make a bet on a single number and win, the payout is 35:1, or a £36 payout on a £1 bet.
While the payouts are the same with both American and European Roulette, the odds differ slightly. American Roulette has a 5.26% house edge compared to the 2.70% edge in the European Roulette game. For a complete look at the paytable for each game, click on the Help menu, where you will be able to see the odds for each bet.
The 5 Most Important Tips Before You Spin the Roulette Wheel
Preparation is the key to success, so with that in mind, here are five tips that you must take into consideration before you make a bet and spin that wheel.
- Find a table that suits you. With multiple Roulette variants, an Age of Gods' progressive jackpot, French Roulette, and single and double zero options, you have to pick the game to play.
- Think about your minimum and maximum bets. You can literally play for pennies in Penny Roulette or enjoy high bets with a £2,000 table max bet.
- Choose a bonus that is geared for table games. MansionCasino UK has a variety of bonuses and promotional offers. While some are geared for slot games, some bonuses will benefit punters who prefer table games, such as online Roulette.
- Make bets at a trusted casino that uses a third-party RNG. The outcome of a game of online Roulette is determined by a Random Number Generator (RNG). Only play at an online casino that has a regulated third-party RNG to ensure fair play.
Top 3 Strategies and Betting Systems
Online Roulette is one of those casino games that punters believe is beatable with the right strategy. This is largely due to several bets that have just under 50% odds of winning. Therefore, these strategies are more about how to bet than what numbers or groups of numbers to bet.
The three betting systems commonly used are the Martingale, Paroli, and D’Alembert.
- Martingale: If you play around and lose, you should double your bet. The idea behind this strategy is that since the odds are nearly 50/50 at some point, you’ll win and gain back any losses.
- Paroli: Using the same logic as Martingale, but instead of doubling after a loss, you’ll double your bet after each win. This way, you’re doubling with house money instead of bankrolling your losses.
- D’Alembert: This is a low-risk/low-reward strategy that has you raising your bets slightly after a win and decreasing after losses. However, instead of doubling the bets, you’d just be increasing or decreasing a chip at a time.
These strategies aren’t perfect, and the biggest flaw is going on a losing streak that will require to make a bet that’s higher than the betting limit. Therefore, you’ll have to use common sense when using these strategies and set limits for yourself.
Variety of Roulette Games to Play
There are five main Roulette game categories, and while they all follow the same basic principles, there are differences between them all.
- European Roulette: This is the most common version of Roulette, and most of the variants use it. As long as there is just one green “0” pocket, it’s a European Roulette wheel.
- American Roulette: The only difference between this and the European Roulette wheel is a second “0” pocket. Punters generally prefer the European game because the house edge is smaller.
- French Roulette: You don’t need to know French to play this version of Roulette, but it helps. There are some unique bets such as Voisins du Zero, Tiers du Cylindre, and Orphelins.
- Multiplayer Tables: A multiplayer table can be any of the above styles of Roulette; it just allows more players to join in a single game.
- Live Dealer Roulette: If you’re not a fan of RNG games, you can connect with a live game of Roulette through streaming technology. At MansionCasino UK, there are several different Roulette rooms with European, American, and French Roulette wheels.
Bonuses and Promotions
A great way of getting some extra money to use at the Roulette table is through bonuses and promotions. There are several different kinds of bonus offers, and they are available for both new and returning punters. It’s important to read up on the terms and conditions of the bonus, as some are more geared for slot games while others are specific for table games such as online Roulette, and specific bonus offers for live Roulette games as well.
These offers are constantly changing and updating, so make sure to check out the promotion page for all the latest offers.
Software (Playtech’s Roulette Platform)
All the online Roulette game at MansionCasino UK, including the Live Dealer games, are powered by Playtech software. Playtech is one of the largest casino game developers and is known for creating games with top-level graphics, animations, and sounds. They have an RNG algorithm that ensures that all games are being played fairly. The basic idea of the RNG is that it will maintain the same odds of winning as a live Roulette wheel. Their RNG is regulated and tested to make sure that everything is running as it should.
All of the online Roulette variants at MansionCasino UK are fully supported on all mobile devices. The games can be played while the phone is in landscape or portrait mode. You can expect to get the same quality Roulette experience on your smartphone as you would get on a desktop computer. The buttons are all optimized and touch-friendly. There is no software to download, all you need is a wifi or 4G connection for best results, and no lag or choppy animations.
Playing online Roulette is an exhilarating and exciting experience for most punters. The games are pretty easy to play; however, for some players, it can seem a bit overwhelming at times. Understanding the game flow and bets are the key to a successful Roulette experience, but if you find yourself confused or thinking that something doesn’t make sense, there are several ways to the answers you need.
- In-Game Help Menu: Every game comes with a detailed help section. You can access it by clicking on the “Hamburger” menu button and then clicking on the Help tab. Here you can see the game flow, key terms, betting options, advanced betting options, odds, payouts Betting history and more.
- Customer Support: If you have questions about your account, depositing or withdrawing money, technical issues, or just about anything else, you can reach the MansionCasino UK customer support at any time day or night through live chat, telephone or a ticket system.
Q: How to beat Roulette?
A: While there are some good betting strategies for you to use, there is no magic formula to beat online Roulette. The most important thing is to play within your means and have some fun.
Q: What does “00” pay in Roulette?
A: As we mentioned above, the double zero pocket only exists on American Roulette wheels. However, despite the extra pocket on the American Wheel, the payout is the same 35:1 that you would win if you bet on a single in European Roulette. There is a unique line bet in American Roulette that allows you to bet on both the 0 and 00, and that pays out 17:1 if you win.
Q: What number does Roulette go up to?
A: The standard online Roulette wheels go up to 36. However, there are different variations that have wheels with different high numbers. Mini Roulette is an example of a Roulette wheel with a high number of just 16. There are also some games that have numbers that go above 36, and you’ll just have to register an account and try out the different online Roulette games for yourself.
MansionCasino UK is a trusted leader in the online casino industry and secure place to play online Roulette for real money. With multiple Roulette variants to choose from and a live dealer casino, there is something for everyone. Register your account at MansionCasino UK today and start playing online Roulette for real money.