Welcome, If you had a casino account with MansionCasino.com, please click here for more information or to log in.
Online roulette is one of the most exciting games in the casino. The game has been around since the 17th century, originating in France. The luck-based game offers all the thrills and spills you could ask for. The game has three main versions but has developed into many unique online versions. Online roulette games can be played on the virtual felt or in the live dealer lobby, which takes place in a land-based casino via a live stream. In this guide, we will run through everything about playing roulette, including the best online casinos for roulette games.
Online Roulette Games
How We Rate The Best Online Casinos
We take great care in recommending online casinos. Our experts conduct thorough checks and ensure the online roulette casino operates at a high standard, providing players with a first-class gaming experience. We explore all areas of the casino, including the games, bonuses, payment options, customer support and more. Here’s what we consider when picking the top online casinos for roulette.
- Casino Games: The top online casinos feature a wide and diverse library of games, covering slots, tables, scratch cards, live dealer games and more. Our experts consider the gaming providers and the choice of games on the roster, ensuring plenty of versatility when it comes to real-money gaming content. We also look at the range of online roulette for real money games hosted across virtual and live casino tables. We have picked out casinos that boast boundless betting entertainment.
- Casino Bonuses: We take a good look at the different roulette bonuses and promotions that the casino offers. This includes the welcome offer, reload bonuses, VIP bonuses, live dealer bonuses, cashback, and more. In addition to the lineup of bonus treats, we consider the bonus terms and conditions in place. The best online UK roulette sites sites offer regular promotions and offers that give your balance a boost and encourage you to log in and play the best roulette games.
- Payment Methods: You can rest assured that you can make quick and easy payments. We have selected online casinos that offer convenient and trusted payment options, including regular bank cards, eWallet services, prepaid vouchers, and more. The deposit and withdrawal transactions are protected thanks to the best SSL encryption technology. We also look at the cash-out times and if any fees are applied to the casino transactions.
- Licensing and regulation: All the recommended online casino operators are fully licensed and regulated by the Gambling Commission of Great Britain. This is one of the gaming industry's most trusted and respected governing bodies. The UKGC ensures casino operators are following the rules and putting measures in place to protect the player's well-being. Overall, you can enjoy the best roulette UK casinos with complete peace of mind.
- Safety and Security: The best UK casinos are backed by the most robust encryption and fire technology, protecting your funds and personal data from threats. Moreover, these casinos work with special auditing services to ensure the RNG games are thoroughly tested, ensuring all the results are completely fair and above board. The games will only be published for bets once the testing audits are complete and satisfied.
- Customer Support: No online casino is complete without a dedicated customer support team on hand to help. These casinos offer around-the-clock customer support through live chat and email. Moreover, you can find a help centre and an FAQ page where you can find answers to the most common questions and concerns.
Roulette Online Bonuses & Promotions
Staking your claim in a bonus offer is a great way to boost your balance and enjoy more bang for your buck. The casino bonus can come in many shapes and sizes, which we will list below. Moreover, not all bonuses are built the same. There is much to consider before claiming a casino bonus. You should always take the time to read through the terms and conditions and make sure you understand how the bonus works before you claim it. Some of the core terms to pay attention to are the wagering requirements, restricted games, max bet amount, and expiry.
- Welcome Bonus: The welcome bonus can only be claimed on the first deposit you make. The bonus can come in many forms but often is a match bonus and a batch of free spins. This is usually the most generous bonus that the casino offers.
- Reload Bonus: The reload bonus is the most common casino bonus. This bonus reloads your balance with a percentage back on your deposit in bonus money. For example, a 75% bonus up to £300 would be a reload bonus.
- Match Bonus: The match bonus is just like the reload bonus, but the deposit amount is matched with a bonus amount. For example, a 100% bonus up to £100 would be a match bonus.
- No Deposit Bonus: The no-deposit bonus is the most sought-after casino bonus because it’s completely risk-free. You only need to register your details and sign up for the casino to claim this bonus offer. This bonus will also come attached to stricter bonus terms.
- Cashback Bonus: The cashback bonus offers players a percentage of their losses back over a week. The cashback amount can range from 5% to 20% between casinos. The cashback bonus is delivered with low or no wagering requirements attached.
- VIP Bonus: The VIP bonus is similar to the reload bonus, but the bonus amount will be larger. However, the minimum deposit to claim this bonus will also be higher. The bonus can also come with improved wagering terms.
The wagering requirements or “playthrough requirements” are something you see on most bonus roulette offers. This is the most important term to pay attention to, as it determines the value of the bonus. The wagering requirements refer to the number of times you need to wager the bonus before the bonus money turns into real money and can be cashed out. For example, if you have a £100 bonus with a 40x wagering requirement, you must wager a total of £4,000 before the bonus moves to your real money balance.
You should also check out the wagering contribution for the games because table games only contribute about 10% of the wager to the wagering requirement. This is because table games promise more reliable wins than slot games.
Wagering requirements are applied to bonus offers to ensure a fair playing field and to stop bonus abusers from cashing out without taking any risks. The lower the wagering requirement, the more favourable the bonus offer. The UK industry standard for wagering terms is around 40x the bonus around.
Additionally, you are not obliged to claim the bonus offer. You can play with your real money balance, bet and cashout funds whenever you please.
Online Roulette Variations
Playing online roulette offers many benefits, but no more so than the range of online roulette games. You need to pick from French, European or American versions in land-based casinos. The online live dealer and virtual roulette games have seen many versions developed with unique themes and twists. You will find the standard versions of the game, with many other variants. We have listed some of the online roulette games you can find at the best online casinos.
- Live Dual Roulette: Evolutions Live Dual Roulette brings together land-based and online play to the same table. The game accepts an unlimited number of players.
- Live Exclusive Roulette: This game gives you the best live dealer roulette in a premium environment.
- Live Mini Roulette: Set in a real casino, this game uses a small roulette wheel with 12 numbers.
- Prestige Roulette: This live game from Playtech is set in a luxurious betting environment.
- Live Dealer Roulette: This game is streamed directly from a casino studio in real-time.
- Age of the Gods Roulette: Playtech’s roulette wheel is themed on the popular Age of the Gods slot series.
- New AR Roulette: This Playtech roulette table includes two additional outside bets.
- Classic Roulette: This game has traditional graphics with smooth gameplay.
- Dragon’s Jackpot: This game has an oriental twist that includes two additional betting stages.
- European Roulette: This virtual roulette game features a single-zero and the standard side bets.
- French Roulette: French roulette has a single-zero table and some special side bets.
- Multiplayer European Roulette: This single-zero game brings social interaction to the virtual roulette table.
- Penny Roulette: In this version, you can wager as little as one penny on the roulette table.
- Premium American Roulette: Playtech’s virtual roulette game includes double zero and simple gameplay.
- Premium European Roulette: Playtech’s roulette wheel has a single-zero table and a 97.20% RTP.
- Premium French Roulette: The Playtech game has a single-zero, standard side bets and easy gameplay.
- Premium Roulette Pro: Based on the classic game, this version has upgraded features and a bet limit to suit all players.
- Pinball Roulette: This version of the game combines pinball with roulette, creating an exciting hybrid.
- 1000 Diamond Bet: Playtech’s classic virtual roulette wheel incorporates multipliers and jackpots into the game.
- 3D Premium Roulette: This single-zero version has awesome graphics and effortless gameplay.
- 3D Roulette: Using a single-zero table, this virtual roulette game boasts top-notch graphics and gameplay.
- American Roulette: The double-zero game has classic graphics and easy betting functionality.
- Club Roulette: This game offers 34 special bets using the European roulette wheel.
- Mini Roulette: This game uses a small roulette wheel with 12 numbers to bet on.
- Multi-Wheel Roulette: This version of the game uses three different roulette wheels.
- Multiplayer French Roulette: This game allows you to enjoy virtual gameplay with other players.
- Roulette Pro: This game uses the European wheel and offers special side bets.
Rules: How to Play Online Roulette?
Playing roulette may seem complicated, but the game is easy to play. The game originated in France many centuries ago, and the word ‘roulette’ translates to ‘little wheel’ in French. The game features a wheel with numbers one to 36, with a single zero for the French and European versions and a double zero for the American versions.
The roulette table features a grid of these numbers and additional bets, such as red or black, odds or evens, and segments of numbers. These are known as outside bets. The player then places the chips down on the numbers and segments. This can include placing chips across two or even four numbers by placing the chips across the number borders. The game allows multiple players to place bets on the same roulette table. Once bets are placed, the dealer will place a ball on the wheel and spin the roulette wheel. The ball will land on one of the numbered segments, which will then determine the winning bets.
Here is a step-by-step breakdown of playing online roulette.
- First, pick the online roulette game you wish to play.
- Then, you need to select your bet amount. This can range from a small amount to a huge amount per bet.
- The next step is to place the wager across the roulette table. You only get a certain amount of time to place the bets before the dealer places the ball and spins the wheel.
- The roulette ball will then land on a number, highlighting the winning bets.
There are many types of online roulette tables, some with different table layouts and additional side bets. However, the most common table layout is that of the French, European and American roulette games.
The odds on roulette will vary across the table. In European and French roulette, you have a one in 36 chance of hitting a single number, whereas in American roulette, the odds are one in 37. Due to the extra number, the house edge in American roulette is 5.26% compared to 2.7% for French and European versions.
The odds of winning an even bet, such as black or red, or odds or evens, is 48.60% for European and French roulette and 47.4% for American roulette. The payout for this bet is 1:1.
Ultimately, playing the single-zero roulette game is better because it offers better odds of winning than the double-zero versions.
Roulette Bet Types
The roulette game features many different bet types, all offering different payouts. The highest-paying bet is hitting a single number, but there are additional bets on the roulette grid, including outside bets, inside bets, and called bets.
⭐ Outside bets
Red or Black: This is a bet on the colour of the number and pays 1:1.
Odds or Even: This is a bet on the number being odd or even and pays 1:1.
High or Low: The low bet includes numbers 1-18, and the high bet includes numbers 19-36 and pays 1:1.
Column: This is a bet on a column of numbers and pays 2:1.
Dozens: Similar to the column bet, this covers 12 numbers and pays 2:1.
⭐ Inside Bets
Straight Up: This is a bet on a single number and pays 36:1.
Split: This covers two numbers on the grid and pays 17:1.
Street: This is a bet on a row of 3 numbers and pays 11:1.
Corner: This bet covers four numbers on the grid and pays 8:1.
Six-Line: This bet covers two rows of 3 numbers, paying 5:1.
Basket: This is a bet on the first four numbers, paying 6:1.
⭐ Call Bets
Voisins du Zero: This bet covers the numbers closest to zero, requiring at least nine chips.
Jeu Zero: This also covers numbers close to zero and requires at least four chips.
Tiers du Cylindre: This bet covers 12 numbers on the opposite side of the wheel.
Tips and Strategies
Roulette has been around for hundreds of years, and over that time, many systems and strategies have been developed. Roulette is a game of luck, and there are no strategies that have been proven to work. However, some strategies have become widely popular because they protect your bankroll. Here are some of the most common roulette strategies.
- Martingale Strategy: This is the most popular of the roulette systems and is suitable for beginners and newcomers. This strategy is best used on outside bets, such as dozens or even bets. You start with a small wager and keep betting until you lose the bet, and then you double the wager until you hit a win. This strategy requires a decent bankroll.
- D’Alembert Strategy: This strategy follows a simple structure that will only work using even bets, such as red or black, odds or evens. You set a wager unit amount, like £1, and if you win a bet, you decrease the next bet by that unit. If you win, you increase the bet. This system only works for players with a large bankroll.
- Fibonacci Sequence: Like the other strategies, you increase your stake when you lose. This negative progression system has you bet more after a loss, which means the win will be with a higher stake, which means more profit. This system is for experienced roulette players.
📢 Set Yourself a Budget
Before spinning the roulette wheel, you should set a designated budget. This is so you know when to walk away from the table, whether winning or losing.
📢 Practice for Free
Take advantage of the demo mode option and learn the game before you bet real money. This is especially useful for those games with unique bets not seen on regular roulette tables.
📢 Avoid Side Bets
Many roulette variations feature special side bets that usually have unfavourable odds. It’s best to avoid these and stick to what you know.
Online Roulett UK Software
The top studios create the best online roulette games. These gaming providers use the latest technology to develop innovative games with stunning graphics and awesome gameplay. These studios offer better quality when it comes to the classic casino tables. Additionally, these studios will develop new games on a more frequent basis. Here are some of the top gaming studios for online roulette games.
NetEnt: NetEnt is an established gaming provider developing virtual and live dealer content. The studio has built some of the most popular virtual roulette games, including “European Roulette”, “Online Roulette”, and “Mini Roulette”.
Evolution Gaming: Evolution is the number one supplier of live dealer content, bringing an immersive gambling experience to your screen. The studio has developed the most popular live dealer roulette titles, including “Lightning Roulette”, “Immersive Roulette” and “Instant Roulette”.
Pragmatic Play: This studio creates virtual and live dealer games. The studio is one of the most prolific regarding new releases. Some of the most notable roulette titles include “Mega Roulette”, “Speed Roulette”, and “Power Up Roulette”
Playtech: The gaming provider is known for building all types of casino games. It has developed many roulette variations over the years, including games like “Pinball Roulette”, “Club Roulette”, and “1000 Diamond Roulette”.
Variety of Online Roulette Games to Play
There are five main Roulette game categories, and while they all follow the same basic principles, there are differences between them all.
- European Roulette: This is the most common version of Roulette, and most of the variants use it. As long as there is just one green “0” pocket, it’s a European Roulette wheel.
- American Roulette: The only difference between this and the European Roulette wheel is a second “0” pocket. Punters generally prefer the European game because the house edge is smaller.
- French Roulette: You don’t need to know French to play this version of Roulette, but it helps. There are some unique bets such as Voisins du Zero, Tiers du Cylindre, and Orphelins.
- Multiplayer Tables: A multiplayer table can be any of the above styles of Roulette; it just allows more players to join in a single game.
- Live Dealer Roulette: If you’re not a fan of RNG games, you can connect with a live game of Roulette through streaming technology. At MansionCasino UK, there are several different Roulette rooms with European, American, and French Roulette wheels.
Real Money Roulette vs Free Roulette
There are two options when it comes to playing roulette online UK. You can play for online roulette for real money, or you can play for free online roulette games. We have broken down the differences between the two types below.
Real Money Roulette Online
Online roulette real money is where you wager real money bets when you play. This is the standard practice at the online casino. You need to make a deposit and commit to a financial risk when you play. However, this also offers the thrill and excitement, and you have a chance to enjoy real money wins and cash out a profit.
Playing free online roulette means you do not take any financial risk, but you cannot win real money. Many online casinos will make the random number generator games available for free play. However, these are RNG games only, which means you cannot play live dealer roulette for free, as it’s played in real-time.
Should You Play for Free?
Playing online roulette games for free is a great way to get to grips with the game before you commit to the real money version. You can learn the rules, check out the gameplay, and become comfortable before taking any risk. The free roulette games play the same as the real money versions, but the game uses free credits as chips rather than your real money balance. In short, playing roulette for free is a great way to enjoy the game and earn experience before you bet for real.
Payment Methods accepted by UK roulette casinos
Playing real money roulette games requires you to make a real money deposit. This money will land in your real money balance, allowing you to wager on the roulette tables. The best UK online casinos make deposits easy, with a range of trusted and secure payment options. Additionally, all payments are protected with the most up-to-date security technology, and you don’t have to worry about paying fees on your transactions. You should always use a deposit option that you trust and are familiar with. Here are some of the best payment services for making safe and easy UK casino deposits.
Using your regular debit card is the most popular option amongst UK casino players. You will be required to input your bank details, and the deposit will be made instantly. It’s worth noting that credit cards are not accepted in UK online casinos. Furthermore, the withdrawal times for bank cards are up to five working days.
This payment gateway connects to your Visa or Mastercard debit card, and you can quickly make payments without the hassle of entering banking details. This works by confirming the transaction using touch or facial recognition technology. This option is not available for making withdrawals.
PayPal is a trusted eWallet service that links to your bank account, providing an extra layer of security while offering quicker payments. All you need to do is log into your PayPal wallet and confirm the deposit transaction. This option offers faster cash-out times, with withdrawals completed in under two days.
The Paysafecard prepaid voucher keeps the transaction offline but requires you to buy a voucher card from a shop and enter the unique transaction code when you deposit. This option is not available for withdrawals.
The traditional bank transfer option is still widely available at many online casinos. This deposit method is very manual, and deposit times can take up to five working days. This method is also very safe and secure but much more timely. The withdrawal transaction times can also take up to seven working days to complete.
Roulette UK Mobile Experience
The top UK roulette online casinos are fully optimised to perform on all iOS and Android devices. These responsive mobile casinos allow you to enjoy the roulette experience from the small screen. Many casinos also have a dedicated online roulette app available to download. There are many mobile-friendly roulette games, including live dealer roulette. The games immerse you in the real money roulette experience without compromising quality. These games feature touch-friendly gameplay, making it easy to place bets and play.
Playing on the desktop allows for a larger screen size and more detail. Although playing on mobile is no different, it can be a better experience to play live dealer roulette on the desktop screen. This allows you to feel more engaged in the livestream. In addition, all games are available on desktop, whereas some older roulette games may not be available on your mobile device.
Many top-notch casino sites feature impressive collections of roulette tables. When checking out a new roulette casino, you should consider the mobile performance to ensure effortlessly touch gaming. Moreover, it’s worth seeing what table bonuses and the wagering contributions are on those bonuses. There is room for new casinos to offer more roulette-friendly bonuses instead of slot-friendly ones. Lastly, the more gaming providers the casino collaborates with, the more roulette variations the platform will host. We have listed some of the top roulette casinos below.
Duelz casino is a fun gaming site with a medieval theme. The site is stacked with over 2,000 of the best casino games. You will find awesome roulette tables across virtual and live dealer form. It hosts games from top names like Pragmatic Play and Evolution. The online casino also has a cashback bonus available on the roulette tables.
Fun Casino site has a limited selection of virtual table games, but some top-notch roulette picks are on the roster, including “100/1 Roulette” and “20p Roulette”. The live dealer lobby is more bulked out with “Lightning Roulette” and “Instant Roulette”. Moreover, the gaming site holds licenses with three reputable governing bodies, including the UKGC.
Hyper Casino has a fun and energetic theme and a first-class mobile product. There are thousands of games to pick from, including a sweet selection of roulette tables. Some of the most popular roulette options include “Bonus Roulette”, “Key Bet Roulette”, and “Gold Bar Roulette”. This casino gets you started with a £100 bonus on your first deposit.
This funky magic-themed gaming hub - MagicRed, stacks up an enticing offering of table games with some thrilling roulette picks. You will find “10p Roulette”, “Rreal Auto Roulette”, “Ultra Warp Roulette X5000”, and many others. However, the casino does not feature any live games from Evolution Gaming.
Online Roulette FAQ
How to beat Roulette?
While there are some good betting strategies for you to use, there is no magic formula to beat online Roulette. The most important thing is to play within your means and have some fun.
What does “00” pay in Roulette?
As we mentioned above, the double zero pocket only exists on American Roulette wheels. However, despite the extra pocket on the American Wheel, the payout is the same 35:1 that you would win if you bet on a single in European Roulette. There is a unique line bet in American Roulette that allows you to bet on both the 0 and 00, and that pays out 17:1 if you win.
What number does Roulette go up to?
The standard online Roulette wheels go up to 36. However, there are different variations that have wheels with different high numbers. Mini Roulette is an example of a Roulette wheel with a high number of just 16. There are also some games that have numbers that go above 36, and you’ll just have to register an account and try out the different online Roulette games for yourself.
What is a (RNG) random number generator game?
These virtual games use a random number generator to determine the game results. These engines are thoroughly tested to ensure the results are fair and aligned with the RTP percentages.
Can you play high roller roulette games online?
Yes, most roulette games allow for high table limits. But you can also find many exclusive VIP roulette tables where the betting limits are best matched for high rollers.
Playing the best online roulette UK sites is a fun pastime that offers all the thrills and spills you want. These UK roulette sites are packed with a diverse and exciting choice of virtual and live dealer roulette games. You can pick from the standard games to something more unique, with betting limits to fit your budget. Remember, you should always set yourself a budget and play responsibly when playing real money casino games.
- Online Casino UK
- Online Roulette UK