Deuces Wild Multi-Hand
Jacks or Better Multi-Hand
Caribbean Stud Poker
Our Top Video Poker Games in the UK
Table of contents:
How The Game Works
Online video poker is like a distant cousin of 5 card poker. Sure, the last name is the same, but it doesn’t have the same strategy or require the same skills as poker. The game is more closely related to online slot than poker, although unlike slot games, you can improve your odds by using the correct strategy.
There are several different video poker games at MansionCasino UK, some with a single line, and others have multi-line options.
Check out the top video poker games below and see why MansionCasino UK is the best online casino for UK players who want to play video poker for real money.
Rules: How to Play Video Poker?
The first decision you’ll have to make is whether you want to play a single or multi-line game. Once you choose a game, place your bet and choose how many lines to activate
After you place your ante bet, you’ll be dealt 5 face-up cards. Unlike regular poker where you’re trying to beat your opponents, either with the best hand or by bluffing, in video poker, you’re not playing against anyone; your goal is to create a winning hand, based on the paytable.
Take a look at your card; here, you have one chance to Hold up to 5 cards and release the remaining ones. If you’re playing a multi-line game, the cards that choose to Hold will appear on all active lines.
After selecting the cards to Hold, click the Deal button, and new cards will replace the ones that were dumped.
One great feature that can help new players is the automatic Hold. Anytime you’re dealt a winning hand or a joker, the system will automatically mark them as Hold. However, if you think you can get a better hand without them, you do have the option to click on the card and release it.
Every online video poker variant has slightly different rules, payouts, and odds. You can check the game=specific rules by clicking on the Hamburger help menu on each gameboard.
Video Poker Odds and Payouts
It’s worth taking a few minutes before dealing the cards to go over the paytable and understand the difference in payouts for each hand. This can help you decide whether to hold onto a sure win or take a gamble and try to get a better hand.
Video Poker Basic Strategies and Tips
Understanding the paytable is the most important strategy when it comes to video poker. Unlike 5 card poker, where the payout for beating the others at your table with a high ace is the same as if you win with a Royal Flush, payouts in video poker are directly related to your cards.
If you’re dealt a pair of Jacks, the easy choice is to hold them, release the other 3 cards and see what happens. However, what if the Jacks are holding you back from Royal Flush? For example, let’s say you have a K, Q, and an A of hearts and a jack of hearts and jack of spades. The payout for hitting the Royal Flush is worth the risk of missing out on a payout for a simple pair of jacks.
The best tip you can get is to understand the paytable for your particular game. If you’re playing Jacks or Better, a pair of 10 is worthless – so you will need to keep that in mind when holding or releasing cards.
If you have 5 cards that don’t create any combination or even come close, the best option is to hold onto the highest card and hope that you’ll at the very least get a matching pair with the second round of cards.
You can take more chances when playing a multi-line game. The odds of getting the card or cards to complete a winning hand are greater in a 25-line game than a single line game.
Online video poker can force you into making tough decisions. Taking a chance on giving up on a sure win, like a pair of Jacks, for example, with the hope of getting a higher paying win, can stress out even the most seasoned online casino player.
Understanding the game, its rules, and the number of lines will help you make the correct decision.
If you are unclear about the different types of winning hands, refer to the chart below. If you still have questions, refer to the Help section below for ways to contact customer service.
|Royal Flush||10, J, Q, K, A||The top-paying hand is a suited straight from 10 – A.,|
|Straight Flush||2, 3, 4, 5, 6||A five-card suited straight.|
|Four of a Kind||J, J, J, J||Any group of 4 cards matching cards.|
|Full House||A, A, K, K, K||Combine a pair and three of a kind to create a Full House|
|Flush||3, 6, 9, 10, A||All 5 cards have the same suit.|
|Straight||7, 8, 9, 10, J||5 cards in numerical order, regardless of color or suit.|
|Three of a Kind||8, 8, 8||Three cards with the same number.|
|Two Pair||7, 7, 2, 2||Two sets of matching cards.|
|One Pair||10, 10||A single matching pair of cards|
|High Card||A||A single high card|
Video Poker Bonuses and Promotions
If you want to start playing online video poker with house money, create your account and make a deposit today, You’ll receive a Welcome Bonus, and that bonus money can be used when dealing cards in video poker. Visit the Promotions page to see the latest bonus offers.
As a member of MansionCasino UK, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to claim bonus offers that can be used while playing video poker. From reload bonuses to VIP bonuses and casino codes, you won’t want to miss out on an opportunity to grab a great bonus.
- Action – Real-money casino bets.
- Credit – A term that is commonly used with video poker and slot machines at casinos. You can buy credits that can be used in the machine, instead of inserting chips with each wager.
- Discard – After the initial 5 cards are dealt, you will have the opportunity to get rid of any card in your hand.
- Draw – After you discard your chosen cards, you’ll draw additional cards from the deck to complete your 5 card hand.
- Hold – Instead of discarding your cards, you can save up to 5 cards for each active line
- Face card – J, Q, and K - also known as royal cards
- Ace-high – A term used more in poker than video poker, it refers to a hand that doesn’t have any winning combinations in the 5 cards, but the player is holding an Ace.
- House edge – Every casino game calculates the odds of the casino winning the hand versus the player. Payouts are usually related to this edge. Video poker traditionally has a very low house edge.
- Max bet – The largest wager you can make per hand. This varies by game.
- Multi-Hand - Also known as multi-line, this option gives players multiple chances at completing a winning hand.
- Paytable – A complete breakdown of all possible winning hands and the accompanying payouts.
- Pat hand – When you don’t Hold or Discard any of your cards.
- Payback - A percentage of the money that is expected to be returned to the player throughout thousands of games.
Video Poker FAQ
- Is online video poker legal?
Yes! MansionCasino is a licensed casino operator and an internationally recognised gambling commission regulates all games.
- Can I use my welcome bonus to play video poker?
The specifics of the Welcome Bonus are updated regularly, offering different opportunities each time. However, generally, it’s broken up into a set of bonus spins and bonus money. The bonus money is what would be used when playing video poker for real money. Always make sure to read the Terms and Conditions before claiming a bonus, to make sure you fully understand what you can and can’t do.
- How do you beat video poker machines?
Winning in online video poker requires a combination of skill and luck. Unlike regular 5 card poker or Texas Hold’em, you aren’t playing against other players. You just need to have a poker hand that appears on the paytable. The better your hand is, the more money you can win.
- Do I need special software to play?
As long as you have a stable internet connection, there is no need to download any software to play video poker at MansionCasino UK.
- Is video poker better than slots?
There is more glamour associated with online slot games. You have hundreds of themes, bonus spins, and exciting bonus features. But what it is completely based on luck. Whereas online video poker has an element of skill that can help determine the outcome of each game.
- Are video poker machines rigged?
It’s because of questions like these that you must play at a regulated and legal online casino. All the video poker games at MansionCasino are tested by a third party and have special software built for it that ensures fair play.
MansionCasino understands that many UK players prefer to play video poker while on the go. Therefore, all our games are compatible with Android and iOS devices and can be played from anywhere in the UK, provided you have a stable internet connection.
The games are developed with the same top quality graphics and animations that players have come to expect. All mobile casino games are touch-friendly, and the buttons have been resized and moved to optimize the space on the smaller screen best.
Online video poker is a simple game to master, but even the most skilled online casino player may have questions or concerns from time-to-time. MansionCasino UK does its best to ensure that all players are having a good time and don’t have to worry about searching for answers to questions. To streamline the help options, there are 2 options to find answers to any question you might have.
- In-Game Help Menu: If you play different video poker games, it can be easy to forget which game you’re playing and what the specific rules are for your game. Therefore, each game has a dedicated Help menu that has the paytable, rules, odds, betting history, and more.
- Customer Support: If your questions are related to technical issues, bonuses, or withdrawals, you can reach out to our award-winning customer support team 24/7 via telephone, live chat, or email.
Play Video Poker for Real Money:
Whether you consider yourself a card shark or just a casual online casino player, video poker is an excellent casino game to play. It’s perfect if you just want to get in a few quick games or hone your skills at reading the deck and making tough decisions.
Register your online casino account today if you are 18+ and collect an exclusive Welcome Bonus. From there, all you have to do is pick the video poker game you want to play and see if you have what it takes to get that elusive Royal Flush. Make sure you play responsibly, for more information click here.