Welcome, If you had a casino account with MansionCasino.com, please click here for more information or to log in.
Play the Best Live Hold’em Poker in the UK
18+ New customers or invitation only. Must join with promo code: BETZONESLOTS. Cashback available only for losses on select games. Wagers are capped at £10 per spin. Max cashback £50. Restrictions + T&Cs apply.
Get ready to play the most popular online poker game in the live casino section at one of our recommended casino sites. There is no need for a huge buy-in like you need to play the World Series of Poker, just a funded real money account and you’re all set.
The games physically take place in a casino in Riga, Latvia and are live-streamed direct to your phone or computer. Powered by Playtech, a well-known casino game developer, and hosted at various online casinos punters can play with confidence knowing they are playing at a reputable online casino.
Live Casino Hold’em has a few different rules, so whether you’re familiar with Texas Hold’em or not, check out this review and see the rules, strategies, odds, and more.
- Number of Live Dealer Hold’em Games Available: 1
- Platform: Playtech
- Min-Max Bet Limits: £1-£5000
- Watching Mode: Yes, you can join as a live watcher
Available Live Casino Hold’em Poker Games to Play
Casino Hold’em is only available for real money players. If you don’t currently have an account, click on the image below to register your account and make a deposit. After the deposit has been processed, you will be able to begin to play.
There is just one Casino Hold’em table in the Live Casino Lobby. The table is open 24/7 and has a minimum bet of £1 and a maximum betting limit of £5,000. The game is played with a single deck of cards that get rotated out after each hand. There is only one hand dealt for all players at the table, but each person can make their bets and is unaffected by other player decisions.
|Live Hold’em Game Name||Bet Limits (Min-Max)||RTP %||Description|
|Casino Hold’Em||£1-£5000||93.74% - 99.18%||With just one seat the table, Live Casino Hold’em pits you against the house in a fast-paced game. There is the AA side bet that pays out as much as 100:1|
Why Live Hold’em Poker?
The most significant difference between Live Casino Hold’em and the game that’s available in the regular online casino is the live-action. Instead of having a computer program deal and shuffle the cards, you’ll be able to watch as the dealer hands out the poker cards, shuffles them, and you’ll finish the game with a sense of fair play, win, lose, or draw.
You don’t have any technical knowledge to get started. Everything is built into the online casino software. Just open the Live Casino Lobby and join the table, and the live stream will automatically begin. You just a need a reliable internet connection that can handle streaming videos.
- Chat with the real dealer as they deal your cards
- Enjoy the ambiance of the casino
- Works on Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS
- There is a time limit to place bets and call
In Live Casino Hold’em you are playing against the dealer. You don’t need dark sunglasses that have been made popular by poker tournaments on TV, since there is no bluffing or need for a good poker face.
To begin playing place your ante bet on the table, and then you can get your two cards. If you want to bet on the AA side bet you can place you can do that as well. The dealer also receives two cards, but they are face-down. The three flop cards are placed face up in the middle of the table.
The next thing you have to do is decide if you want to call or fold.
If you decide to call you must to raise the ante bet, it automatically doubles your ante bet, and then the final two cards are dealt. The dealer reveals their cards and whoever has the better hand will win the round.
Here are some key terms that you should be familiar with when you play Casino Hold’em or Texas Hold’em
- The Dealer: Also known as the house, this is your opponent. To qualify for a win, the dealer will need a pair of fours or better, or you will automatically win.
- The Blinds: Making a call bet before the first two cards are dealt is known as a Blind Bet.
- Pre-Flop: Before the communal cards, or flop cards, are dealt, is called the Pre-Flop. When playing Texas Hold’em, you can check, raise, or fold at this stage. It’s not a significant period in Live Casino Hold’em.
- Hole: The punters two cards
- Flop: The first three communal cards
- Turn: After the Flop, the fourth card that is dealt is called the Turn. In standard Texas Hold’em this begins another round of betting. In Live Casino Hold’em no additional bets are made.
- River: This is the last card dealt
- Showdown: Once all the cards are on the table, the players reveal their cards in the showdown.
- All In: Betting all your chips on a single hand.
- Fourth Street: Also known as the Turn
- Fifth Street: Also known as the River
- Button: Another phrase that is only relevant for Texas Hold’em. The button is a marker that is passed around the table, so everyone knows who the dealer is.
- Check: Instead of raising the bet, you can pass it on to the next player at the table. By letting the other players start the betting, you’ll be able to have an idea of the quality of their hand.
There are three parts to a Live Casino Hold’em game.
- Setup: Make your ante bet and receive your first two cards.
- Betting Rounds: Live Casino Hold’em has just one betting round, which is twice the ante bet. If you don’t like your cards, you can fold here. This is different from Texas Hold’em, which has additional betting rounds before the Turn and River.
- Showdown: The dealer reveals his cards, and if you’ve won, all payouts are added to your bankroll.
Live Casino Hold’em has an in-depth help section that can be accessed through the “Hamburger” help button. Additionally, you’ll be able get more information on betting flows, paytables, rules, betting history and more. You can also refer to the Help section below for more details.
Odds and Payouts
Live Casino Hold’em follows the same hierarchy as a poker when it comes to which hand is better. The payouts are reflected by this, for example a Royal Flush will payout 100:1 but a pair of aces only pays out 1:1.
You don’t have to know which is the better hand as the system will automatically take the best five cards available. So, for example, if your hole cards are a 4 and 7 and the communal cards are 3, 5, 6, 7, and A the best hand that you will be matched against the dealer is a straight, and not a pair of 7’s.
The hierarchy of hands is as follows:
- Two Pair
- Three of a Kind
- Full House
- Four of a Kind
- Straight Flush
- Royal Flush
You can see a complete list of the odds and the paytable in the Help menu. Just click on the Hamburger menu button and then scroll to the Return to Player section.
Top 3 Strategies
It’s important to understand the flow of the game and understand when you should fold or make the call bet and press on.
There are three key strategies that should you choose to follow, which will help you make your decision.
- High Hole Card: If neither you nor the dealer is showing at least a pair, but you have a high card of a King or Ace, you should call.
- Don’t bet on a losing hand: Sometimes it’s obvious, barring a fantastic Turn and River, that the dealer has the winning hand. There’s no shame in folding and saving those chips for the next hand.
- Call If You’re Close: You should hit if you’re a card away from a big win, even if you don’t have much else.
Software (Playtech’s Live Hold’em Platform)
Playtech is one of the largest casino game developers in the industry. Its Live Casino games are powered by Eurolive, which uses an entire casino in Riga, Latvia to host all games. There are hundreds of HD streaming cameras that capture the live-action of over 50 different tables.
Many online casinos have been working with Playtech for many years, and UK punters can play with confidence knowing the sterling reputation behind all the games. Together, these casinos and Playtech present a secure, trusted, reputable Live Casino.
There is no extra software to download, and as long as your internet connection is stable and fast, you’ll enjoy an HD stream of the dealer and the game.
The advantage of playing at the online casino is the ability to play your favourite casino games whenever and wherever you are. Therefore it's essential for all Live Casino games to be mobile-friendly. The video will adjust based on the screen size and works great on Android and iOS devices.
The buttons and chips were also designed to be touch-friendly. They are easily recognizable and easy to push, even with big fingers. You don’t have to download any additional apps to play Live Casino Hold’em, head to your chosen casino site, log in to your account and start playing.
While laying Live Casino Hold’em is a straightforward and fun experience, punters may find they have a question or technical trouble. The two biggest issues that come up are about the difference between Casino Hold’em and Texas Hold’em and the pace of play.
For all questions about the game, you can click on the Hamburger help button. This will open the game menu that has a detailed set of rules, game flow, odds, paytable, and more. If this doesn’t answer your questions, you can also chat with your knowledgeable dealer. If you want to watch a few hands before putting money on a hand, that’s also fine.
For all technical support, or trouble with your account, you can contact your casino’s customert support staff. They are very knowledgeable are ready to help with whatever problem you have. You can reach them by telephone, live chat, or email and you’ll get quickly get a response.
Bonuses and Promotions
Another aspect that our recommended casinos excels in is a great bonus and promotional offers. As a new player, you will be eligible for a Welcome Bonus with your first deposit.
There are also a variety of promotional offers that you can claim. These can include bonus codes, reload bonuses, coins for specific games, and much more. There are often bonuses that are specifically for Live Casino players
Since the bonuses are always changing, it’s a good idea to get to the Casino Bonus Page and see all the latest offers. You will also be able to read the Terms and Conditions for each offer and see what the wager requirements are.
Additional Live Dealer Games
There will be many live dealer games available at your casino’s live casino lobby. There are several rooms and a few variants, of Live Blackjack, Live Roulette, and Live Baccarat. Additionally, you’ll also be able to play more niche games like Spin-a-Win, Hi-Lo, and 3-Card Brag. You will need a real money account to play any live dealer game, so head to the Cashier and open an account today.