Play Online Blackjack
Knowledge is power, and when playing online Blackjack, you need to know the game inside and out if you want to have the best chance of beating the Dealer. In this guide, we'll cover the rules, terminology, the many popular versions of Blackjack, go over different strategies, and answer common questions about the game.
Betting Rules: How to Win Online Blackjack
Your first step to mastering Blackjack is knowing how to win.
To beat the Dealer, you need to:
- have more points than him while not exceeding 21
- or have 21 points or less when the dealer busts.
Different versions of Blackjack have slightly modified variations of the overall rules, but to beat the Dealer, you'll always need to fulfil one of the above two criteria.
Order of play: After placing your wager on the table, the game will begin. You and the Dealer will both receive two cards. Your two cards will be face-up cards, and the Dealer will have one card face-up, and the other card will be face-down.
Note: The order the cards are dealt can vary between games.
Your goal is now to get as close to 21 as possible. You can take more cards, or end your turn and let the Dealer play his hand. In most games, the Dealer must hit on 16 points or fewer and will stand on 17 points or more.
Hit or Stand: When it's your turn to play, you can choose to hit or stand.
- Hit - Receive another card from the deck
- Stand - End your turn and let the dealer act
Card Values: To calculate points, add together the value of all the cards in your hand. Number cards are worth their face value. All picture cards are worth 10 points each, and an Ace holds a value of 1 or 11, depending on which is most beneficial to you.
Double Down: When you have strong odds, such as a hand that totals 9, 10, or 11, you can choose to Double Down. You'll double your bet and receive one last card - automatically ending your turn afterwards.
Split: When you're dealt with matching cards, you'll have the ability to split your cards into two separate hands. Doing so adds another ante bet on the table. Each new hand will receive one card, and then you continue to play with two hands.
Insurance: When the Dealer has an Ace showing, it means he may have a Blackjack hand (An Ace and a face card). The Insurance bet allows you to place a wager half the size of your Ante, and if the Dealer has Blackjack, you'll win a 2:1 payout.
Surrender: If you don't like your chances of winning, you can choose to Surrender. You'll forfeit the round and receive back half of your wager.
Side Bets: Some variations of Blackjack offer side bets, which offer extra betting opportunities based on all the starting face-up cards. The most popular side bet is "player pair" and "21+3".
Multi-Hand: Playing at a Multi-Hand Blackjack table lets you play up to 5 hands per round. Each hand is treated separately and can have a different wager.
All online Blackjack games have an in-depth guide available with information about how to play, the game's rules, odds, payouts and user interface. To access it, click on the "Hamburger" menu button inside the Blackjack game window.
Online Blackjack is popular around the world, so it's not surprising that people created different variations as the game spread.
- European Blackjack: This version of the game is played with two decks of cards, and the Dealer only receives his second card after all players have finished their turn.
- American Blackjack: American Blackjack is played with 6-8 decks, and unlike European Blackjack, the player and Dealer receive all of their cards before anyone decides whether to hit or stand.
- Spanish 21: If you're looking for a game of Blackjack with a twist, Spanish 21 removes all the '10' cards, which reduces the chances of getting a Blackjack. It also offers a late Surrender, in case you want to forfeit the round.
- Switch: Ever wanted to play with two hands and switch cards between them? In Blackjack Switch, you can. You'll need to make two equal bets on two hands. What makes this game special is your ability to switch cards between hands.
- Pontoon: Pontoon is a British variant of Blackjack which replaces the word stand for stick, hit for twist, and double to buy.
- Double Attack: Just like Spanish 21, all of the '10' cards are removed from the deck, and you can also Double Down.
Odds and Payouts
If you're looking for a game with the lowest house edge, and payouts that are easy to understand, you'll find it in online Blackjack. Most Blackjack games have four simple payouts available:
Blackjack: A hand that has a face card and an Ace is called Blackjack and automatically wins the game. It pays 3:2. If both you and the Dealer have Blackjack, it's considered a tie, and your bet is returned.
Regular Hand: When you beat the Dealer with a non-Blackjack hand, you'll win a 1:1 payout. So if you bet $10, you'll win $10.
Tie: You'll see a tie referred to as Push in Blackjack. When it happens, you'll receive your wager back.
Insurance: You can bet the Dealer has Blackjack by taking Insurance. If you're correct, you'll receive a payout of 2:1.
|Winning Hand||Pays||$1 Bet Pays|
|Regular Hand||1:1||$2 ($1+$1)|
Because there are so many variations available to play at MansionCasino CA, an easy way to see each game’s payouts and odds is via the in-game help section.
Online Blackjack Strategy and Tips
As we said before, Blackjack has one of the lowest house edges in any online casino game. Here are some simple strategies you can use to help increase the odds and lower the house edge in your favour.
- Assume the dealer's face-down card is worth 10 points. There are 4x the number of 10 value cards in one deck (16 of the 52 cards in a deck are worth 10 points). This strategy also applies to your next card.
- Splitting: It’s an excellent idea to split your hand when you have a pair of Aces. For other hands, use our table below.
|Your Hand||When to Split VS. the Dealer|
|2's, 3's||4 through 7|
|4’s, 5’s, 10’s||Never|
|6’s||3 through 6|
|7’s||2 through 7|
|9’s||2 through 6 and 8 or 9|
- Double Down: Doubling Down can be a risky move if you don’t know when the optimal time to use it is. When your hand is a 9, 10, or 11 and the dealer’s showing a 9 is the best time to Double Down. Always remember that Aces can count as 1 or 11.
|Your Hand||Double if Dealers face-up card is:|
|9||3 to 6|
|10||2 to 9|
|11||2 to 10|
|A and 2||2 to 10|
|A and 2||5,6|
|A and 3||5,6|
|A and 4,5||4,5,6|
|A and 6||3 to 6|
|A and 7||2 to 6|
|A and 8||6|
- Surrender: Most Blackjack versions only allow you to surrender at the beginning of your turn. Surrendering when you’re starting hand is 16 while the dealer’s showing a 9, 10 or Ace is the best time to use it.
Every single Blackjack game available at MansionCasino CA is fully compatible with all mobile devices, both iOS and Android. Whether you're playing on a desktop computer, tablet, or smartphone, you can expect the same fantastic gaming experience.
The mobile versions are fully optimized for touch screen technology, so you can tap and drag your chips on the table and play in any viewing angle.
Promotions and Bonuses
If you're a fan of bonuses and promotions, then you must check out our casino promotions page! It's filled with welcome offers, recurring gifts, competitions and more.
And we've got plenty of bonuses geared towards table games, such as online Blackjack. All of the Terms and Conditions, wagering requirements and minimum deposit requirements are easy to find, so you can rest assured the bonus is a good fit for you and the casino games you want to play.
1. How to win at Blackjack? - There are two different ways you can win when playing online Blackjack. The first is to have more points than the dealers total without going over 21. The second way is when the dealer goes over 21, while you have 21 or fewer points. In fact, it doesn't matter if you have 3 points in total. If the dealer has 22 or more, and you have 21 or less, you'll win the round.
2. Is it possible to count cards in online Blackjack? - Counting cards is considered illegal in most land-based casinos. The idea is to track which cards have been shown and to use a scoring system that allows you to try to guess how many 10's are left in the deck(s). But when playing online Blackjack, the digital deck is reshuffled after every round, which makes card counting impossible.
3. Where can I play Blackjack against a Live Dealer? - By partnering with Playtech's Eurolive platform, you can play Live Dealer Blackjack right here at MansionCasino CA. You can see the action live as it's streamed from the game studios, and you can chat with the dealer and other players at the table. If you're looking to recreate the amazing casino atmosphere, take a seat at one of our Live dealer tables.
4. What makes MansionCasino CA the best Blackjack casino? - We're a fully licensed and regulated online casino with one of the best selection of online Blackjack games available. Our award-winning support team is on-hand 24/7 to answer any of your questions.
Playing online Blackjack requires skill and a bit of luck, which is why it's such an exciting game to learn and play. If you have any questions, would like more information about bonuses and games, or have a technical issue, there are two ways we can help:
- In-Game Help Menu: All of our Blackjack games have an in-depth help menu available on all devices. You can access it by clicking or tapping on the 'Hamburger' menu icon. In some games, it will be a 'Plus' sign. You'll find all the game's vital information, such as how to play, odds and payout tables, explanation of regular and side bets, and a breakdown of how to use the game's user interface.
- Customer Support: Still can't find the answer you're looking for? Contact our amazing customer support team who are well-versed in all of our casino games. They can advise you on how to play and give you essential strategies and tips. You can also reach out to them if you need help with your account, depositing, cashing out, technical issues, bonus questions and more. Contact them 24/7 via Live Chat, email and telephone.
Play for Real Money
If you've made it this far, you're more than ready to take on the dealer and play online Blackjack for real money. Explore our library of Blackjack games and find a variant that's right for you.
To get started, create your account, make a deposit and claim your exclusive welcome bonus (only available on your very first deposit).
Join the thousands of happy players at MansionCasino CA and discover for yourself why we're the best Blackjack casino there is.