How to Play Live Dealer Baccarat at MansionCasino Canada
Table of Contents:
Baccarat is one of the most popular card games in the world, up there with Poker and Blackjack and played in casinos from Montreal to Macao and everywhere in between. At MansionCasino Canada you can find a host of top Baccarat games, many of which can be played in a Live Casino environment as you face off against the dealer and bet in real-time.
Live Casino games offer something that you can’t get from standard virtual casino games. This is the future of gaming and if you’re a Baccarat fan, as so many millions of gamblers are, our Live Dealer Baccarat games are just what you need.
In this guide we’ll take a closer look at these games, showing you what makes them so special and telling you the rules, betting options, variants, and more.
- Number of Live Dealer Baccarat Games Available: 7.
- Platform: Playtech.
- Variants: Punto Banco, Mini-Baccarat.
- RTP: Up to 98.94%.
- Min-Max Bet Limits: $1-$5000.
- Spectator Mode: Some games have this mode.
Available Baccarat Games to Play
The game of Baccarat is relatively simple. You might think there isn’t much you can do with it, but you’d be wrong. Playtech has worked wonders with this game, creating all kinds of variants—tweaking rules, changing layouts, adding jackpots, and more. The result is a selection of Baccarat titles that will surprise even the most dedicated and hardened of Baccarat fans.
You can play all these games for yourself at MansionCasino Canada. If you sign up today you can even take advantage of our Welcome Bonus, which offers stacks of bonus credits to first-time depositors.
Take a look at the table below to see what sort of games you can play at MansionCasino Canada right now and to learn the ways that these games differ from classic Baccarat.
|Live Baccarat Game||Bet Limits||RTP %||Description|
|Baccarat Live||$1 - $5,000||Up To 98.94%||A classic version of this popular card game.|
|Baccarat Lounge Live||$1 - $5,000||Up To 98.94%||A step-up from the standard Baccarat Live that is geared towards VIP players.|
|Grand Baccarat Live||$1 - $5,000||Up To 98.94%||See previous bets and other information with a big info-panel.|
|Dragon Jackpot Baccarat Live||$1 - $5,000||Up To 98.94%||A Baccarat game that comes equipped with a progressive jackpot and an oriental aesthetic.|
|Golden Baccarat Live||$1 - $5,000||Up To 98.94%||A faster Baccarat variant streamed from Playtech’s Asian studio.|
|Sapphire Room Mini Baccarat Live||$1 - $5,000||Up To 98.94%||A deluxe version of Mini-Baccarat, using fewer decks and a more compact theme.|
|Grand Baccarat No Commission||$1 - $5,000||Up To 98.94%||A commission-free Baccarat variant with high-percentage bets.|
|Squeeze Baccarat Live||$1 - $5,000||Up To 98.94%||An exciting Baccarat variant streamed from one of Playtech’s Asian studios.|
|Prestige Mini Baccarat Live||$1 - $5,000||Up To 98.94%||A high stakes game of Mini-Baccarat, using fewer decks.|
Why Live Dealer Baccarat?
Live Dealer Baccarat plays like the virtual games you can find throughout MansionCasino Canada. However, there are some key differences, including the fact that Live Dealer games transport you to a real casino environment for an unrivalled experience!
Virtual Baccarat games still have their uses, of course—they tend to be faster and a little less personal, which is great if that’s what you’re looking for. But if it’s immersion that you seek and you want something akin to a real casino experience, Live Dealer games are ideal.
- A live stream from a dedicated studio.
- Real dealers, tables, and cards.
- Leisurely paced games.
- Wide betting ranges.
- There are time limits.
- They don’t move as quickly.
Top 3 Strategies
Baccarat players have been trying to decode this game for generations, looking for ways to win and gain an edge over the casino. Three of the most popular Baccarat strategies are:
1. Avoid the Tie
In Baccarat, the House Edge changes depending on which bet you place. This means that the house has an advantage over you when you bet on certain outcomes. The change is negligible when you’re splitting your bets between the Player and Banker, but they are much bigger for the Tie.
The average House Edge for Player/Banker bets is a little over 1%, which equates to a Return to Player (RTP) of 99%. The House Edge for a Tie is close to 14%, which is an RTP of 86%. This leads many Baccarat strategists to recommend avoiding the “Tie” bet.
2. Bet on the Banker
Although the difference between the House Edge with the Player and Banker bet is low, it still favours the Banker. As a result, many players choose to bet only on the Banker, or to focus heavily on this particular bet and to favour it above all others.
In terms of probability, it makes sense, but just because the odds favour it doesn’t mean it will generate a profit, nor does it mean that it will be more lucrative than another type of bet.
3. Bankroll Management
One of the most important things that a gambler can do is Bankroll. This is essentially a gambling budget, one that is affordable and one that the player sticks to at all times.
You should establish your Bankroll prior to playing a session of Live Baccarat, or any other game for that matter. It should be an amount that is affordable and that will not cause you financial stress if you lose it—you should never gamble under the assumption that you will win.
Once you have your Bankroll you just need to stick to it. Many gamblers avoid depositing additional funds within a predetermined period (Bankrolls are often fixed for a period of weeks or months) and will only boost it if they win.
Once you learn a few basic rules then you can play all variants of Baccarat without issue. These rules are relatively simple and easy to learn:
- Table Layout: The table layout in Baccarat is very simple. There is typically 5 seats and space for bets to be placed on the “Player”, “Banker”, and “Tie”. A total of 8 decks will be used and these will be dealt from a shoe.
- Goal: The goal of Baccarat is to bet on the outcome of a hand, with three options available. It can be won by the Player, the Banker, or it can be a tie.
- Cards: The Player and the Banker are each dealt two cards.
- Points: The winner is the one who gets closest to 9 based on Baccarat card values. Additional cards may be dealt if the scores are too low.
- Card Values: In Baccarat, cards 2 through to 9 have a value equivalent to their face value while 10 and picture cards are worth 0 and an ace is worth 1. A pairing of a 3 and a King, for instance, would be worth 3.
- 3rd Card Rule: There are instances in which a third card may be drawn and these differ between the Player and the Banker.
- Player: A score of between 0 and 5 initiates the drawing of a third card.
- Banker: If the Banker (B) scores 0 to 2, they draw. If they score 3 to 6 they may also draw, but it depends on what the Player’s (P) third card shows:
- B draws 3, but only if P’s third card is 8
- B draws 4, but only if P’s third card is 2 to 7
- B draws 5, but only if P’s third card is 4 to 7
- B draws 6, but only if P’s third card is 6 or 7
- Other Variants: The rules above relate to Punto Banco, which literally translates as “Player Banker” in Spanish. This is by far the most common variant in North America and the one that you can find on most, if not all online casinos. However, there are other variants that have their own rules and layouts:
- Chemin de Fer: All players take turns being the banker, there are 6 decks and the cards are shown face-up.
- Banque: This variant increases the bet sizes and options and uses fewer decks. The banker is determined at the start of play and does not change throughout.
Live Mini Baccarat Rules
In addition to Punto Banco and the Baccarat variants mentioned above, there is also something known as Mini Baccarat, which can be played live. It is a stripped-down version of the game and it is often preferred by online and land-based casinos.
7 decks are used and smaller bets are allowed. These are some of the only differences between Live and Virtual Mini Baccarat. In land-based casinos there are a few more differences, including the fact that only 1 dealer is required (full games of Baccarat require additional members of staff) and the game is not roped-off.
Odds and Payouts
Live Dealer Baccarat typically has a very low House Edge, but this changes depending on which bet is placed, with the edge being at its lowest for a Banker win and its highest for a Tie.
There are slight differences from variant to variant though, so check with the game’s Help file if you need more information.
All Live Casino games at MansionCasino Canada are provided by Playtech’s Eurolive platform, which is one of the most advanced and stable Live Dealer platforms in the industry. It is safe, secure, and trusted by industry professionals. It is also filled with great games, from stacks of Baccarat, Roulette, and Blackjack titles, to games like Spin a Win and Hi-Lo.
Live Casino Baccarat looks as good on mobiles it does on desktop. You can play on a smartphone or a tablet, taking advantage of crisp graphics, super-fast streams, and seamless mobile compatibility.
All our Playtech Live Casino games can be played on mobile devices—you just need a stable Wi-Fi or 4g/5G connection to play.
If you run into an issue playing a Live Dealer Baccarat game, or you just need a refresher on the rules or our Bonuses, try one of these help options:
- In-Game Help: All Live Dealer games at MansionCasino Canada have built-in Help files that tell you all you need to know about the game. You can also simply ask the dealer!
- Customer Support: Contact our dedicated support team throughout the day using our Live Chat, email, or phone support options. They will be happy to help with whatever issue you have and respond quickly and professionally.
Bonuses and Promotions
The best way to play Live Dealer Baccarat is with a bonus, and there is no shortage of these at MansionCasino Canada. Visit our Casino Bonuses page to see what’s available and what you qualify for.
All new players can take advantage of a Welcome Package. It includes bonus credits that can be used to play virtual and Live Dealer games of Baccarat and to enjoy the many hundreds of slots and other games we have in our games room.
Additional Live Dealer Games
The game of Baccarat is hugely popular with casino players, but there are many more popular card games out there and a number of these are available at MansionCasino Canada. Beat the dealer in a game of Live Blackjack, go heads-up with them in a game of Casino Poker, or take a spin on the world’s most famous wheel with Live Roulette.
These games provide an immersive experience via a high-quality stream and they are available throughout the day right here at MansionCasino Canada.
Baccarat is short and simple, but it’s a game that has millions of fans and is played all over the world. Live Casino Baccarat is one of the best ways to see what this game has to offer, immersing yourself in a casino environment and experiencing the thrills and spills of casino gambling first-hand.
So, sign up at MansionCasino.com today, get your Welcome Bonus, and try these games for yourself. Once you’ve had your fill of Baccarat and other Live Casino titles feel free to check out our vast collection of video slots and other top games.