How to Play Live Dealer Blackjack at MansionCasino Canada
Table of Contents:
The game of Blackjack was invented before the modern playing card and it has its roots in games that have existed for many hundreds of years. It’s simple, it’s easy to learn and it provides a wide range of betting opportunities, features, and side bets, all of which helps to maintain its status as one of the most popular card games in the world.
One of the best ways to experience Blackjack is via a Live Dealer Blackjack game. These games, which can be found in abundance at MansionCasino Canada, combine real and virtual casino elements to create an immersive, thrilling experience that you can enjoy from the comfort of your own home.
In this guide we’ll take a closer look at these games, covering their features, bonuses, rules, and more.
- Number of Live Dealer Blackjack Games Available: 8.
- Platform: Playtech.
- Min-Max Bet Limits: $1-$10,000.
- Features: Split, Double, Surrender.
- Side Bets: Perfect Pairs, 21+3.
- RTP:9% to 99.54%.
- Spectator Mode: Yes, some of the games allow you to spectate.
Available Live Dealer Blackjack Games to Play
To play Live Dealer Blackjack games, just sign up to MansionCasino Canada, make a deposit using one of the many available payment methods, and start playing. But before you do, be sure to check our Bonuses and Promotions to see what you qualify for.
We have a Welcome Package that is available to all new players at MansionCasino Canada, with bonus credits that can be used to play our Live Dealer Blackjack games, including:
|Live Blackjack Game||Bet Limits||RTP %||Description|
|Soho Blackjack||$5 - $10,000||99.5%||8 decks, dealer stands on 17s, 21+3 and Perfect Pairs offered.|
|Unlimited Blackjack||$5 - $5,000||99.54%||5 spaces, 8 decks, dealer stands on all 17s, 21+3 offered.|
|Amber Blackjack||$10 - $5,000||99.52%||Hosted in a European casino, with Insurance, Splits, Doubles, and 2 side bets.|
|Soiree Blackjack||$50 - $5,000||99.52%||8 decks, 7 seats, dealer stands on 17s, 21+3 and Perfect Pairs offered.|
|Blackjack Lounge Live||$5 - $5,000||99.51%||8 decks, dealer stands on 17s, 21+3 and Perfect Pairs offered.|
|Grand Blackjack||$50 - $5,000||99.50%||High-stakes version with features similar to other Playtech Live Blackjack variants.|
|Sapphire Room Blackjack||$1 - $5,000||99.50%||An English-speaking Playtech Blackjack game that is hosted in their Asian casinos.|
|Royale Blackjack||$5 - $5,000||95.9% - 99.46%||Aimed at VIP players, but with betting features similar to other Playtech variants.|
Why Live Dealer Blackjack?
Live Dealer Blackjack is the closest you can get to a real casino experience without leaving the comfort of your own home. You can connect with an expert dealer via a high-quality stream and you don’t need a cam to do it.
These games provide all the benefits of standard virtual Blackjack, but with some added extras:
- Real dealer who you can interact with.
- No need to connect a cam or microphone.
- Fast and high-quality streams.
- Immersive experience.
- Wide betting range.
- There are time limits in place.
- It’s more taxing on your internet connection.
Top 3 Strategies
There is a universal Blackjack strategy known as Basic Blackjack Strategy. This is a system that uses basic math and probability to determine the most likely outcome of each hand and to bet accordingly.
As an example, this strategy advises against the use of Insurance, because it will lose more times than it will win, which means that during extended play it’s better to avoid it. Other aspects of this strategy to consider are:
- Split: Blackjack strategy experts say you should never split 10s. Splitting 9s is recommended, but only when the dealer has a 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 and 9, and not when they have a 7, 10, or Ace. A Split is also advised with 7s if the dealer has between 2 and 7.
- Double: A Double is recommended when your total is a Hard 9 or a Soft 16, 17, or 18 and the dealer shows a 6 or less. It’s also recommended for a Hard 10 and 11, as this is a very strong position for the player, one where their hand can only improve and has a chance of hitting 20 and 21.
- Surrender: This feature is rarer than Splits and Doubles. According to the principles of Basic Blackjack Strategy, it’s best to Surrender a Hard 16 against a 9, 10 or Ace face-card shown by the dealer, and a Hard 15 against a 10 face-card. In such cases, the dealer is a big favourite for the win.
The rules of Blackjack are fairly easy to learn, and they apply across all variants, including Live Blackjack. Once you have these basics down you can tackle everything from Soho Blackjack, which is played via a Live Casino setup, to Switch Blackjack, which is played in a virtual setting.
- Basic Goal: It’s often said that the goal of Blackjack is to score 21. In actual fact, the goal is to simply score more than the dealer and to avoid going over 21. There are a few things to consider when achieving this goal:
- Deal: You and the dealer will be dealt two cards. You turn yours over first and try to get a high score.
- Score: All cards between 2 and 10 score points relative to their face value. All picture cards score 10 points and an Ace can be either 1 or 11.
- Bust: If you go over 21, you are “Bust”, and the hand is over.
- Main Moves: The two main moves that a Blackjack player can make are:
- Hit: You will be dealt another card, either improving your score or making you Bust.
- Stand: You settle for the score that you have and then challenge the dealer to beat you.
- Dealer Moves: The dealer will move after you and try to beat you. All Blackjack games have fixed rules determining how high a dealer can draw. When you see terms like, “Draw on 16, stand on 17” it means they will “Hit” if they have 16 or less and “Stand” if they have a 17.
- Extra Moves: In addition to the basic moves outlined above, there are additional moves that can be made at specific times and on specific variants.
- Insurance: If the dealer shows an Ace as their exposed card then the player can take out Insurance. This costs extra and pays 2:1. It means they will win money if the dealer turns a 10 and gets a Blackjack.
- Double Down: The bet is doubled, another card is dealt, and the player is then forced to stand on whatever total they get.
- Split: A player can “Split” a pair into two hands, paying extra for the privilege and then playing these two hands separately. Some games will allow a further split on those new hands.
- Surrender: A player may surrender their hand late in the game, getting half their bet back and giving up the hand and any potential profits.
- Card Dealing Styles: There are some variations in how many decks are used, how many seats are available and even how the cards are dealt:
- EU vs US: In US games, the dealer typically draws their second card immediately after they deal to the other players. In EU variants, they draw it only after players have made their decision.
- Decks: Traditionally, Classic Blackjack was played with 1 deck and this remains the case in many games. However, up to 8 decks can be used, all of which are dealt out of a shoe. In virtual games, the cards are shuffled after each hand to prevent card counting. This tends not to be the case in Live or land-based casinos through.
- Multi-Seat: There are typically between 5 and 7 seats at a Blackjack table. Some games will let you occupy as many of these seats as you want, playing several hands at once and placing side bets on as few or as many as you wish.
Odds and Payouts
Blackjack has one of the lowest House Edges of any casino game. It’s often between 0.5% and 1% which equates to an RTP of 99% and 99.5%. Some of the things that can impact this edge include the number of decks used (more decks = a higher House Edge) and any special features allowed (Surrender, Switch, Double Exposure, and other features can improve the payout percentage).
The inclusion of side bets can also change the payout percentage, but only if they are played. These bets are common on Live Blackjack variants, with players adding their chips to a marked betting square to take part. They cost extra, but they are entirely voluntary.
Common side bets include:
- Perfect Pairs: An amount is paid out if the first two cards make a pair. Some games extend this, paying more if the pair becomes three or four of a kind.
- 21+3: Wins are paid based on the strength of the first two cards and the dealer’s face card.
Playtech’s Live Dealer platform is known as Eurolive and is one of the most advanced, stable, and secure platforms in the iGaming industry. It features a wide selection of classic casino games (Blackjack, Baccarat, Poker, Roulette) as well as less-common but equally immersive titles such as 3 Card Brag and Hi-Lo.
Eurolive features some of the most advanced Live Blackjack streams online, with top-notch support, quality cam streams, clear rules, and the friendliest dealers you can hope to encounter.
These games and more are all available at MansionCasino Canada. Get yourself an account today to start playing these for yourself.
All Playtech Live Dealer Blackjack games were created with mobile platforms in mind and Blackjack is no exception. These games look, feel, and play just as good on smartphones and tablets as they do on desktops and laptops. You don’t need a high-spec device, you don’t even need a lot of storage space. A stable, strong Wi-Fi or 4G/5G connection is all that’s required to get the most out of these games.
If you run into an issue playing Live Casino Blackjack games, or you simply want a refresher regarding the rules, side bets, and other features, check the in-game Help file. This will tell you all you need to know and ensure you’re ready to be dealt into your first game.
You can also contact our customer support team. Our dedicated staff members are on hand 24/7 to help you with whatever issues or questions you have. Use Live Chat, phone, or email to get in touch and we’ll deal with your query as soon as possible.
Bonuses and Promotions
Before you play our Live Dealer Blackjack games and see what all the fuss is about, make sure you pick up your share of our Welcome Package. This is available to all new players who sign up, deposit, and meet the qualifying criteria.
You can get Bonus Credits, Spins, and more, but bonuses come and go and terms change, so check with our Casino Bonuses page to see what the latest offers are.
Additional Live Dealer Games
Blackjack isn’t the only Live Dealer game you can play at MansionCasino Canada. Playtech’s advanced Live Casino software includes an array of top titles across many popular games, including Poker, Baccarat, Roulette, and more.
Whether you want to watch the Roulette wheel spin live, or play some cards with a real dealer, these are the games for you.
Live Dealer Blackjack is one of the best ways to experience this classic, historic casino game and MansionCasino Canada is one of the best places to play it. This is a winning combination that’s not to be missed, so if you don’t already have an account then now’s a good time to change that.
Sign up to MansionCasino Canada today and test your mettle against our biggest Blackjack dealers on our best Live Dealer Blackjack games!